At Frys, we were looking at the ViewSonic 17" still out of stock and the ViewSonic 19" we had considered last week, when the sales person walked over and changed the slip of the ViewSonic one next to the 19" one we were considering. This one was also a 19" and had both a $50 and a $20 rebate attached to it, making it $425 (without tax, of course) instead of $459 after rebates like the other one was labeled. With the $25 gift cert I got from a co-worker for Xmas the monitor would be $400. So I bought it. When everything gets redeemed it will have actually cost me $470, but I can live with that, I think.
The thing is so bright! It also bitches about wanting to be set at its optimum resolution of 1280x1024 but that is too small for me. I finally figured out which button it was referring to for me to shut up the blurb that kept popping up.
It also has built-in speakers, but they suck big time so I kept my regular ones.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*